Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My Birthday and Secretariat

First off....It's my Birthday! Yay! But once upon time I was given a book full of 'What happened on your Birthday' events...and frankly...I was uninterested. While cleaning, I came across the book again and while trying to decide whether or not to get rid of the thing forever, I decided to flip through it. Go figure the first page had something to do with a horse...and not just any horse, but Big Red himself, Secretariat.

September 15th, 1973, Secretariat ran a race at Belmont against a horse that had just recently beat him, Onion, and previous Kentucky Derby Winner, Riva Ridge. In the end, Secretariat proved to be the great that he was and won by 3.5 lengths. Also true to fashion, Big Red set a record while schooling the horses too. He ran a mile and an eighth in 1.45. Simply amazing.
Congrats again Secretariat! I'm glad I could share this happy date with you!

2 comments:

  1. Happy (late Birthday. I don't believe I've seen that photo of the immortal Secretariat before. Do you have a big collection?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    And No I don't...but google does. >.< That boy just pops up in this blog enough I had to go in a few pages to fine a new one this time!

    ReplyDelete